Alex Szczuka, PhD Candidate
- My research focuses on linking potentially energy positive anaerobic secondary treatment to water reuse. I am currently looking at UV disinfection for non-potable reuse in the presence of sulfide.
Kirin Emlet Furst, PhD Candidate
- I am studying disinfection byproducts (DBPs) in wastewater-impacted water supplies for planned potable reuse and de facto reuse in low-resource settings. Current projects include studying the impact of intrusion on DBP formation in intermittent distribution systems in South Asia, and exposure pathways to unregulated DBPs during bathing.
Adam Simpson, PhD Candidate
- My reasearch focuses on the transformational products of biomolecules present in foods. I am currently interested in the formation of chlorinated fats and their comparative yields to chlorinated amino acids during food disinfection
Jack King, PhD Student
- For my first project I am studying ozone treatment to remove pesticides and metal chelates in reverse osmosis concentrate generated during full advanced treatment for potable reuse of wastewater. For my second project, I am investigating the use of activated carbon electrodes to remove halogenated contaminants in water via electrochemical reduction.
Djordje Vuckovic, PhD Student
- I am studying the chemical mechanism of sunscreen toxicity to sea anemones in order to guide development of coral-safe sunscreens.
Cindy Weng, PhD Student
- I am developing an electrochemical advanced oxidation process (EAOP) to generate hydroxyl radicals for reverse osmosis permeate. This EAOP is intended for potable reuse applications to provide a cost and energy efficient alternative to current UV/H2O2 AOP.
Post Doctoral Fellows
Dr. Stephanie Lau, PhD - Department of Geography and Environmental Engineering, Johns Hopkins University (2017)
- I am developing an extraction method to concentrate disinfection byproducts (DBPs) in real waters for the purpose of toxicological assays. The goal is to use this method to compare the DBP-associated toxicity of potable reuse waters relative to conventional drinking waters
Zibin Xu, PhD Student - Tsinghua University
Last modified Fri, 11 Oct, 2019 at 17:40